Oral Appliance Therapy for Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Mandibular Repositioning Appliances
Similar to orthodontic appliances or athletic mouth guards, anti-snoring devices are worn in the mouth during sleep to treat Snoring and Sleep Apnea . These oral appliances work by holding the lower jaw open and forward during sleep. The airway remains open, promoting adequate air intake, and reduces soft tissue vibration and collapse. These treatments are a form of Sleep Therapy .
To achieve an optimal treatment outcome, oral appliances must be custom fitted by a dentist who will ensure the appliance molds to the patient's mouth and provides maximum benefit. At Greenville Dental Sleep Center we partner with the patient's physician in the diagnosis, treatment, and on-going care for snoring and sleep apnea.
Compared to other treatment options for snoring and sleep apnea, oral appliances offer many advantages, including:
- Oral appliances are compact and convenient
- Oral appliances are more discreet and less cumbersome than CPAP
- Oral appliances are custom-designed for the patient's mouth
- Oral appliances are easy to wear and comfortable
- Oral appliance therapy is non-invasive and reversible
At Greenville Dental Sleep Center
Contact Greenville Dental Sleep Center